ArenaNet Requests Feedback on Class Changes
ArenaNet has major plans for the December 10th update, and as part of those plans, the development team is looking for player feedback on one issue that’s extremely important to all of us– class balance. Jon Peters, Game Design Lead, posted a list of all current class changes the team has in mind so far along with the specific goals they have for each class. He then asked for players to respond to the thread and give constructive feedback regarding the proposed changes. Here’s an example of the proposed changes for the Engineer, for example:
We wanted to maintain the engineer’s core roles while still increasing build diversity. We also wanted to take out some of the random effects for some of the class’s traits. The biggest change here is allowing Modified Ammunition to work with any skills so that an engineer, regardless of build, can look at putting 30 points into firearms. By increasing the swiftness duration on Speedy Kits, we hope to allow Swiftness to be maintained more reasonably without having to constantly be swapping between Kits. This change will also bring down the total up time for Vigor due to its interaction with Invigorating Speed. We don’t like classes having permanent Vigor, and this is one of the areas we needed to tone down the up time of the engineer’s Vigor.
- Explosives V – Incendiary Powder. Moved to Master tier.
- Explosives VI – Exploit Weakness. Increased the health threshold from 25% to 50%
- Explosives IX – Accelerant packed turrets. Moved to Adept tier.
- Firearms XI – Modified Ammunition. This trait now works regardless of equipped weapon.
- Inventions V – Energized Armor. Increased conversion from 5% to 7%.
- Inventions X – Autotool Installation. Increased healing percent from 1% to 5%. * Decreased interval from 10s to 3s.
- Inventions XI – Elixir Infused bombs. Increased healing scaling by 50%.
- Alchemy V – Blood Injection. Increased conversion from 5% to 7%.
- Alchemy 15 – Transmute. Increased % chance from 8% to 100%. This effect can now only trigger once every 15 seconds.
- Tools VI – Speedy Kits. Increased Swiftness duration to 10s. This effect can now only trigger once every 10 seconds.
- Tools XI – Armor Mods. Changed this to now trigger on struck instead of on critical hit incoming. Reduced the cooldown from 25 seconds to 15 seconds.